- A. barbadensis
- Aloe indica
- Aloe perfoliata
- Chinese Aloe
- Indian Aloe
- True Aloe
- Barbados Aloe
- Burn Aloe
- First Aid Plant
Aloe vera (æ l oʊ iː) is a succulent, perennial plant of the Xanthorrhoeaceae family.
+1.7 °C to +4.4 °C
Plant hardiness is a geographically defined area in which a plant is capable of growing. It's defined by climatic conditions, including its ability to withstand the minimum temperatures of the zone. For example, a plant that is described as "hardy to zone 10" means that the plant can withstand a minimum temperature of −1 °C (30 °F).
The extremes of winter cold are a major determinant of whether a plant species can be cultivated outdoors at a particular location; however, the USDA hardiness zones have a number of drawbacks if used without supplementary information. The zones do not incorporate summer heat levels into the zone determination; thus sites which may have the same mean winter minima, but markedly different summer temperatures, will be accorded the same hardiness zone.
DimensionsAloe vera can grow from 0.60m to 1mm tall , and from 0.6m to 1.2mm wide.
This gives it a total volume of 1.2m3.
- Full Sun
- Notice that aloe leaves usually grow up and out, as if reaching straight up for the sun in the sky. When they are not getting enough light, however, they tend to grow down or outwards as opposed to upwards. Take note of the direction your aloe’s leaves are growing to find out whether or not it has enough sun.
- Sunburnt! You aloe plant will actually appear sunburnt! Yes, aloe can indeed get too much sun! Turning wrinkly and developing brown spots, aloe leaves will start to show signs of poor health when they get too much light.
- Will not grow if there is standing water
- The best way to gauge watering is to feel the plant leaves every few days, as long as they feel cool or moist, the plant has enough water
- Consuming the gel alleviates gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Aloe vera may prove an effective mouthwash due to its ability in reducing dental plaque.
- Aloe vera gel has been claimed to have antidiabetic activity but not all published results are consistent.
- The gel may relieve constipation.
- A gentle makeup remover.
- A shaving cream.
- Aloe is rarely affected by pests
- 4 – 6 months
- 4 years
- Aloe vera plants do not have flowers year-round. They usually bloom annually in the early springtime, so time your expectations correctly.
- Propagation Methods
- Flower Fragrance
- cool, verdant and plumped with water
- Royal Horticultural Society’s Award of Garden Merit (AGM)
- æ l oʊ iː